Tuesday, September 9, 2008


Today the LegCo result finally came out.

I didn't run a campaign to win so not winning was expected.
I was a little surprise that the imminent effects and consequences of global warming had just so little impact to the AS&P electors. but then I guess I did not do a convincing enough show.

Like the article from SCMP, it took something like Katrina to make Americans start to listen to what it could be like it something is not done.
But what ever it is, I have no wish for something like a Katrina for Hong Kong.

I am hopeful that I am wrong, that the problem really is less serious than scientists are predicting.

I guess at least Dr Lau, the newly re-elected LegCo member did pledge that he will take both sustainability and conservation seriously and will do something about it at LegCo.

It is interesting that we had uses quite a few hundreds of thousands of trees in this LegCo, at least I can say I made the least damage. I also hoped that future elections will be more environmentally friendly, I just don't see in this day and age of technology advances that we need to do this the same way as the last century.

Thank you for those that decided to vote for me, or those that who may not have but considered the message of sustainability and conservation is important and should be much higher up in the political agenda. In the end politics is not going to bring back the star ferry pier and has little impact on global warming, but it does affect our future.

No comments: